Points of Interest
- Palace Sivitis. Houses the Ministry of Justice (See Inspector Moore), the Commissioner of Trade, and the Hall of Records.
- The Central Bank of Kansk. Owned by Mirador.
- The Soldier’s Hospital.
- The Forum for Trade and Craft. This is the large public market in the center of the city, where the four roads meet.
- The Coliseum. Much of the time this is unused and occupied by the homeless. About once per quarter a series of games are organized. Typical combatants are gladiators against wild animals, criminals, or each other.
- The Gray Citadel. Nearly finished. A near-perfect replica of the Etharch citadel destroyed in Dire West. Lies north of Kansk, just over the river. Significant military garrison stationed here. “Built by Sivitis in honor of the elven kingdom and the Dire Treaty.” In the courtyard are a couple of merchants selling “elven wares”. It’s mostly knock-offs and the merchants are humans wearing elven disguises. Nightly plays in the courtyard feature elven songs and plays. All fake and touristy.
- Temple to Set. Nearby is a 150’ tall work of civic art in the form of a coiled cobra ready to strike. Pilgrims can walk along the walkway atop the coils and along the snake and then a door into the head, coming out to a panoramic viewing area from within the mouth. Flavored water and ices for sale, along with holy artifacts. Great place to take the kids.
- The Seluciden Memorial. A memorial honoring the victory of the Empire of the elves. Beside a wide, slow bend in the Black River where there is a beach. Up on the bank is a gnarled juniper tree, a statue to Seluciden, and a memorial dome.
Destroyed: All statues, civic art, and buildings that were built in honor of Az royalty or other deities.